Look around and you’ll see everyone on their phones, tablets, or computers checking out the latest social media posts from families, friends, influencers, travel logs, restaurants, hotels, etc. They’re also checking out the latest for home renovation inspiration, building trends, other construction-related ideas.
As a contractor, having a social presence on platforms where you can reach a wide target audience, such as Instagram and Facebook, makes sense. These platforms offer an opportunity to engage with potential customers, visually showcase your work, build your brand, and increase revenue.
Following are several tips on using Instagram and Facebook as part of your marketing strategy.
- Showcase Projects: Share high-quality photos and videos of completed projects – from a kitchen renovation to a new family room addition and landscaping upgrades. Highlight the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and transformation of spaces you worked on. Use before-and-after images to demonstrate the value of your skills and experience.
- Engage with Stories: Use Insta Stories to provide real-time updates, project progress, and short video clips.
- Use Hashtags: Incorporate relevant and popular construction-related hashtags to increase the visibility of your posts. Research industry-specific hashtags and use them strategically. Sample construction-related hashtags include #contractors, #contractorsofinstagram, #remodeling, #constructionworker, #constructionwork, #constructioncompany, #builders #contruction, #constructionsite, and #constructionlife.
- Customer Testimonials: Share testimonials from satisfied clients in both posts and stories to build trust with potential customers.
- Introduce Your Team: Highlight your team members, including project managers, architects, and skilled subcontractors, to help personalize your brand and showcase the expertise behind your work.
- Produce Educational Content: Share informative posts about construction trends, materials, sustainability, and other relevant topics. Establish yourself as an authority in the field by providing valuable insights. For example, you may want to discuss different roofing materials and what works best in different climates.
- Use Instagram Ads: Consider using Instagram’s advertising platform to reach a broader and more targeted audience. You can create visually appealing ads to showcase your portfolio or promote special offers.
- Create a Business Page: Establish a professional business page on Facebook, complete with contact information and a photo of the business.
- Post Regularly: Share a mix of content, including project updates, construction tips, blog posts, videos, and images. Consistency is key to maintaining an active presence.
- Engage with the Audience: Respond promptly to comments and messages. Encourage discussions and feedback on your posts.
- Promote Your Content: Boost your most important posts or use Facebook Ads to target specific demographics, interests, or geographic locations.
- Include Customer Stories and Testimonials: Share success stories and testimonials from satisfied clients. Include photos and details about the projects.
- Join Facebook Groups: Participate in relevant local or industry-specific Facebook groups to network and share your expertise.
Keep in mind that both platforms should reflect your brand’s image and core values. Maintain professionalism and consistency in your writing, and prioritize engaging with your audience and responding to inquiries as soon as possible.