Architects and Engineers Professional Liability Insurance
Architects and Engineers are responsible for the design of buildings and projects. These projects need to be structurally sound and safe in order to ensure the safety and stability of their visions. Every project is unique and has its own risks which should be insured to mitigate any unforeseen damages, risks, or claims.
Architects and Engineers Insurance is a professional liability policy specifically designed to protect against lawsuits that allege negligence in the performance of your services to a customer. A sampling of industries that typically require Architects and Engineers coverage is: Architects; Building Inspectors; Civil Engineers; Project Management; Draftsmen; Electrical Engineers; Environmental Engineers; Industrial Engineers; Interior Designers; Landscape Architects; and Transportation Engineers. Each policy is tailored to the specific needs and risks associated with each profession.
Common coverages for Architects and Engineers Professional Liability Insurance are:
- Bodily Injury
- Property Damage
- Pollution Damage (only those associated with the design and material required and requested for design)
- Defense of licensing proceedings and subpoena assistance
- Punitive damages
- Personal Injury
- Payment of claimant’s attorney fees
- Mold and/or fungus
- FHA/OSHA/ADA regulatory coverage
- Third party discrimination
- Deductible credit
- Data breach and private security liability